The Station - Dripping Springs, Texas
5-11-2019...n 1940, F.W. Miller built this small stone building as a Texaco gas station. As a major oil company, Texaco stood to be competitive in the Dripping Springs market. Miller lived in nearby Kyle Texas and leased the building to local operators. In 1960, after Highway 290 siphoned off the Mercer Street business, the gas station closed. It has served many other uses since that time but has remained true to its 1940 appearance, including its service station canopy, and is a contributing resource in the historic district.